Install Simple forum Install Simple forum
 RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in
HEADER GRAPHIC
Allen

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:04 am

I tried your Installsimple and found it to be a nice little utility to have around.
GREAT WORK......

I did find a bug in it though and i'll try to explain it as best I can;

Your program lets you put a HEADER GRAPHIC in it, BUT if you do the default text
built in the program shows up in the graphic and does not go away. Is it possible
to check the HEADER box in the program and if a person has a graphic chosen then
turn your built in text off or maybe a check box and if checked don't show text in the
header area.

I have a suggestion for your program also if you care to read it.
Example: I have a program that requires a file in the windows folder to work and
have seen many other software programs do the same. Is it possible to
choose a file/s from the windows folder as well as the source folder to
create an install that will also place the chosen file/s back into the windows
folder.

Thank you for a very simple and great program.
Allen
Vladislav Biryukov
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 am

I agree! May be in the next release, we will add support for installation of custom files to the windows or any other directory.

About text in the header area:
The logo is used as a background for the text. And if you turn off the text, then the end user will see only your image for all wizard steps. But I don't know, why? Later, we plan add support for custom color for text. Specially for you, we will add option "Transparent Color".
Vladislav Biryukov
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Allen wrote:
Your program lets you put a HEADER GRAPHIC in it, BUT if you do the default text built in the program shows up in the graphic and does not go away. Is it possible to check the HEADER box in the program and if a person has a graphic chosen then turn your built in text off or maybe a check box and if checked don't show text in the header area.

Dear Allen and all users. Exclamation
InstallSimple 2.0 now allows you to set a custom color for header text in your setups.
And also you can establish transparent color to hide header text.
Jump to: