Install Simple forum Install Simple forum
 RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in
Silverlight Detection
Jason Knight

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am

Hello. I have a suggestion for Install Simple.
I'm planning to create a browser that might use Microsoft's Silverlight technology. And so, I think that the next version (2.1, maybe?) should add this feature:
"Checking whether Microsoft Silverlight is installed in the computer or not".
If Microsoft Silverlight isn't found in the computer, either the installer alerts the user to install Silverlight before installing by using a message box and then terminate, or the installer alerts the user that it will try to download Silverlight and then execute the installer so it will be installed (I have requested this feature too, via e-mail) and then download + install Silverlight for the user automatically. This might be a good idea, since today's applications are going very high-tech, requiring several prerequisites (such as .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, Silverlight, Adobe Flash, GTK+, etc.) before it can be used properly.
Thanks for viewing this recommendation!
Vladislav Biryukov
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:52 am

Dear Jason,
20-25th of July we release the InstallSimple 2.2.
In the next release we will add support for multilanguage interface, support for finding .NET Framework 4, and some minor updates...

Requiring and downloading several prerequisites (such as .NET Framework 4, Silverlight, Adobe Flash, etc.)...
Yes, it's a necessary function to InstallSimple, we will add it soon as possible...

If you have any questions or comments, please contact to us...

Regards,
Vladislav Biryukov, manager
InstallSimple Solutions
Jump to: